The 2019 FinTECHTalents Steering Committee is ready to roll with a Bigger, Braver, Bolder, Tech-ier Festival experience. Many on our Steering Committee were with us from the start – when FinTECHTalents was just an idea to bring the full FinTech ecosystem under one roof. Many more have joined us on our journey to highlight financial services innovation, entrepreneurial spirit and academic promise all under one Festival banner.
Our Steering Committee bring many insights, connections and talents to our Festival table – leading academics from the university space, veterans of the FinTech startup ecosystem, and leading innovators from incumbent banks. We will be looking to them for help and support as we evolve and create an exciting new Festival format that will provide learnings and connections for our community.
This year FinTECHTalents will seek to involve our community in the agenda like never before. There are plenty of opportunities in this industry where you can sit in the dark, facing a faraway stage, to half listen to a panel of senior executives deliver PR-approved messages on the state of our industry.
Our mission was never to be, yet another, one of those ‘events’.
SUPER MAD BIRD FLASH SALE ON NOW!!!
The first 50 Festival passes bought before January 18th will go for the SUPER MAD low low price of £399! USE CODE: SUPERMADBIRD
This year at FinTECHTalents our main ‘Stories Stage’ will host a morning agenda of one of each -keynote, fireside chat and panel – on both days. The Stories Stage will sit at the centre of the audience – encouraging interaction and engagement with the speakers. In the afternoon, our Stories Stage will then host our 2019 class of exciting FinTech startup and growth companies. These companies don’t come to FinTECHTalents just to present product demos – our companies come to share their stories.
As this year’s audience sit around the Stories Stage they will hear tales of how founders met, the joy of signing that first commercial customer and details on the business problems their products solve. That first stirring of whether a company is worth your time, investment or partnership doesn’t emerge from a slide deck or a spreadsheet – it starts in your heart.
In the afternoon will also bring back our ‘Build’ and ‘Strategy’ stages – offering topics looking at technical innovation and development as well as business and cultural change. Each session will be arranged as either a workshop or a roundtable – offering short, informal, and intimate talks from expert speakers followed by collaborative learning, discussion and networking. We, at FinTECHTalents, believe that by bringing the speakers into the room, to sit and discuss with the audience offers increased opportunities for the learning and connections that most delegates of events desire.
After two days of FinTECHTalents, we will be launching a third day called Discovery where we will provide two Focus Stages – one looking at the rise and evolution of Artificial Intelligence and the second examining Cyber, Security and the future of the Digital Economy. Let us introduce AITECHTalents and CyberTECHTalents.
However, we are not all about change for change sake, you will still get to listen to some great independent music as you sip craft beer in between sessions at the Festival (we might even add some gin this fall).
This first stop on our journey to build and deliver this exciting Festival is to announce our awesome Steering Committee – our checks and balances, our industry outreach, our friends and colleagues.
May we announce our FinTECHTalents 2019 Steering Committee!
- Ceri Godwin, CIO Finance, Risk and SmartReg, Santander UK
- Charles Radclyffe. Head of AI, Fidelity
- Christophe Chazot, Advisor, Board Member and Investor in Technology and FinTech, Former global head of innovation at HSBC
- Clare Whitehead, FinTech Platform Manager, Rise (Barclays innovation)
- Dean Butler, Head of Innovation, Retail Distribution, Prudential UK
- Diana Biggs, Head of Digital Innovation, HSBC
- Diana Paredes, CEO and co-founder, Suade Labs
- Dr. Sin Lee, Artificial Intelligence Programme Leader & Senior Lecturer, University of East London
- Dr. Steve Phelps, Co-founder, Memonics
- Emily Reid, Partner, Hogan Lovells
- Ewan Macleod, CDO, Nordea
- Ghanshyam Patil, Digital Lead – Blockchain, AXA XL, a division of AXA
- Gilad Amir, FinTech Entrepreneur
- Jack Parsons, CEO, Big Youth Group
- Joerg Guenther, CTO EMEA, Northern Trust
- John Salmon, Technology Partner, Hogan Lovells
- Kaushalya Somasundaram, MD, Head of FinTech Partnership, HSBC
- Kaustav Bhattacharya, Executive Director, Technology, R/GA
- Kerem Tomak, MD, Divisional Board Member, Big Data-Advanced Analytics-AI, Commerzbank AG
- Kirsty Rutter, MD, Group Innovation Office, Barclays
- Larry Potter, CRO, Starling Bank
- Lianna Brinded, Head of UK, Yahoo Finance
- Lucy Woolfenden, Marketing Director, Yolt
- Magdalena Krön, Head of Rise London and FinTech Platform Lead., Barclays
- Mitesh Soni, Senior Director, Innovation and FinTech, Finastra
- Patrick Mang, Head of Innovation for Global Markets, HSBC
- Peter O’Hanlon, Head of Group Corporate Treasury Technology, Lloyds Banking Group
- Philip Treleaven, Director, Centre for Doctoral Training in Financial Computing and Analytics, UCL
- Pol Navarro, Chief Digital Officer, TSB
- Roger Vincent, Chief Innovation Officer & GM (UK&I), Trade Ledger
- Rohini Kumar, Deputy Head, Financial & Professional Services, DIT
- Russell Fisher, Head of Ventures, Nationwide Building Society
- Ryan Edwards-Pritchard, MD, Funding Options
- Sarah Williams-Gardener, Public Affairs, Starling Bank
- Sumesh Vijayakumar, Global Business Transformation, Allianz
- Suren Siva, Director – Strategy & Innovation, Credit Suisse
- Tanya Andreasyan, MD and Editor in Chief, FinTech Futures/Banking Technology
- Terry Cordeiro, Head of Product Management – Applied Science and Intelligent Products, Lloyds Banking Group
- Tim Evans, Head of Innovation & FinTech Alliances, Hargreaves Lansdown
- Valentine Kristensen, Director of Growth & Communications, ACORN OakNorth
- Wincie Wong, Head of Innovation for Supply Chain Services, RBS