At FTT Identity 2021, we were joined by a panel of experts from Starling Bank and the Payment Systems Regulator in the UK, and FIDO Alliance and Capital One in the US. They discussed the latest initiatives, policies, technologies and demands driving strong customer authentication. It was very interesting to compare the commonalities and differences in approaches between the two regions and hear their views on:
- Which systems offer the strongest alternatives to password-based authentication systems?
- Is it ever possible to achieve that much lauded balance of user experience and security, when authenticating a customers identity?
- How should secure authentication be extended beyond financial services, across direct debits and online payments for e-commerce?
- What considerations need to me made regarding adoption of authentication systems, ensuring solutions are inclusive to a broad customer base?
Watch the full panel below. To hear more on these discussions, just us at the Future Identity festival in November.
This session featured the following rockstar speakers:
- Sam Everington, Director of Products, Starling Bank
- Melissa Heng, Senior Director, Identity Product Management, Capital One
- Andrew Shikiar, Executive Director, FIDO Alliance
- Jonathan Williams, Technical Payments Specialist, Payment Systems Regulator
- Andrew Churchill, Author, Digital Identification & Authentication Standard, British Standards Institute (moderator)