During FTT Virtual Nordics on 14th October, many aspects of innovation, specific to the region, were discussed. As a collection of smaller countries, the Nordics have a long history of collaboration and partnership between nations. The importance of building strong infrastructure and foundations was also discussed and mentioned in several panels on the day, from the Big Question Myth to the development of P27 – the cross border payments harmonisation project.
However, central to the all of the above in the Nordic region is the way each country deals with identity. More than one session on the day cited the digital identity framework that is in use in many Scandinavian countries and eases issues around identity and access for many of its citizens. Because of that we knew we needed to include a discussion group that looked at not only identity in the region but also around the world.
Identity leaders from Scandinavia, the UK and the US gathered to discuss whether the Nordics model could be exported, lessons from Asia and the rest of Europe and how culture could shape technology and infrastructure.
Our global discussion panel included:
- Christoffer O. Hernæs, former CDO, Sbanken
- Krista Korelin, Director, Head of Digital and Mobile Banking, OP Financial Group
- Jonathan Williams, Principal Consultant, Mk2 Consulting Ltd
- Melissa Heng, Sr. Director, Identity Product Management, CapitalOne
- Laura Camplisson, Product and Content manager, VC Innovations (moderator)