As we cleared away the last of the beer cups and stored our guitars at the launch of FinTECHTalents in 2018 we all had one thought: How do we make 2019 Bigger, Better, Bolder and, most importantly, Braver.
And, in order to be brave, you need to take risks – you need to move away form your comfort zone. FinTECHTalents didn’t invite senior leaders in FinTech on stage to ‘present’ – we had them answer The Big Questions:
- Where we are going – will we need banks?
- Do banks today still need a ‘head of digital’ when everything should be digital?
Instead of scheduling a series of passive panel sessions in the afternoon – we invited our delegates to join our RockStar speakers in ‘Discussion Rooms’ to get down and dirty with topics relevant to financial services today:
- Is Open Source Financial Services’ dirty little secret?
- Who gets their hands dirty with digital transformation?
- Where are we going with team building and talent attraction?
- What strategies do you need when your startup starts scaling?
- What is really going on with Open Banking, Platforms, Identity, Design and DLT?
And, of course, our 30 plus FinTech startups never take the stage to ‘pitch’ – they come to tell us ‘Stories.’
This year’s FinTECHTalents was full of debates and discussions, chats around FinTech, RegTech and AI and our signature live music and refreshing craft beer.
While we head back to the workshop in order to build the 2020 FinTECHTalents Festival that will help to define FinTech for the next decade – please relive FinTECHTalents 2019 with our dynamic highlights video.
And from all of us at FinTECHTalents – Have a very Happy Holiday season and a prosperous New Year! Here’s to 2020!
Cheers, Victor, Lisa, Liz, Alex, Neal and Emily.