The University of Birmingham has redesigned their MSc Degrees and are looking for Fintech Projects for students to complete. The projects will take the place of a traditional dissertation. This is a great opportunity to access the next generation of fintech innovators to support you on a project that you don’t have time or resource to complete.
Students will have had expert teaching across the year and are budding fintech experts. They will be supervised by a specialist academic during the project. The projects will run from June 2023 to September 2023.
Employers typically suggest a business challenge they are currently facing, or a project which has yet to get off the ground. The students will then get cracking to come up with a solution or project plan.
Examples of past projects include;
- Developing a Machine-learning based algorithm for business forecasting and prediction
- Defining automation-architecture for blockchain applications in various industries
- AI-based sentiment analysis for new product development
- Customer experience mapping using deep learning approach Developing Robo-advising software using global cues
- Developing architecture for RegTech Application
- Defining user-friendly digital wallets
What the University asks from employers is a commitment to write an initial brief, weekly/fortnightly engagement (via email or short call), monthly drop ins (1 hour), and attendance at a final presentation (2 hours) where students present their ideas.
To find out more about the opportunity, please contact Jodie Bird (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request the proposal form and to submit a project. She can also respond to any questions.
Please note the deadline for project proposals is coming up soon – 28th February 2023.
It is a win-win for students and fintechs and a great opportunity to get those ideas and projects that never seem to get started off the ground.