Powered by: SAP and SAP Fioneer
The third edition of the Fintech Playbook lands at a very challenging time for both the industry and economies around the world. Arguably, it is the most challenging landscape faced by fintechs since interest, investment and growth accelerated rapidly following the financial crisis.
Now companies across the sector must grapple with rising interest rates, growing inflation, investor pullback and consumers and businesses re-evaluating their own priorities.
With all of that in mind, our most recent group of fintech leaders share their views on how they are facing the future and mapping out their moves over the coming months, including;
- Managing the strategic shift in emphasis from growth to profitability
- How they view the need for efficiency balanced against other objectives
- The role of partnerships in helping to drive value, both for the business and customers
- Juggling between the needs of the present whilst keeping an eye on future opportunities
- Predictions for how this slate of challenges will unfold over the coming year
Once again, we hand over to industry experts to share their expertise and experience from the frontlines of fintech:
- Charlie Platt, Managing Director, Banking, SAP Fioneer
“The world is turbulent, but let this volatility become your catalyst for growth.“
- Richard Davies, CEO, Allica Bank
“We are a big believer in partnerships. Working with fintechs can really support them to scale their capabilities to take on the high street banks.”
- Lukas Zörner, VP Germany, Qonto
“…we are on a sustainable growth trajectory. There are 25 million SMEs on the continent, which represents an addressable market of 400 billion euros in Europe.”
- Galen Grady, Senior Director, Expense Strategy & Operations, Navan
“In light of the current economic climate, we recognise the need to strike a balance between addressing the immediate impact and keeping pace with our long-term strategic goals.
- Philippe Sahli, CEO & Co-founder, Yokoy
“I expect the demand for finance solutions to automate key processes like invoice management to continue increasing in the next few years.”
- Joerg Oser, Industry Leader FSI EMEA North, SAP
“Fintechs will need to navigate these crises with caution and continue to adapt to meet these new and emerging challenges. This is not just a matter of survival but also the trigger for a new wave of innovation built around today’s challenges.”
Download your copy now to hear from fintech leaders navigating their way through stormy seas with the hope that it will make them stronger sailors.
Complete the form below to receive your free copy!