FTT Virtual Focus Experience powered by:
Register your interest below
- When: 30th July 2020
- Where: Direct to your PC
Open sourced development, now mainstream in many industries, has come a long way within financial services. With a long history of proprietary development and risk-averse policies, several factors hinder full adoption of Open Source development in banks. Most of these factors have to do with attitudes towards and policies to ensure a secure environment – whether it be from a regulatory perspective, a technology set up or a cultural shift.
Many banks have dipped their toe into the open source ecosystem. However, many banks, still feel a lack of confidence from the Open Source community. Cyber security issues are also, always, a concern when opening up code, software and other systems to the wider ecosystem. Finally, brand identity and competitive advantage with controlling proprietary code, factor high in many banks’ IT strategies.
Hear from Nigel Abbott, Director at GitHub, Brent Beer, Senior Solution Engineer at GitHub who will be joined by Piotr J. Puczynski, IT Architect, Danske Bank and Kim Prado, Managing Director – Global Head of Client, Banking and Digital Technology, RBC.
Agenda as follows:
- 3:00 pm – FTT Virtual Focus opens for Networking and Expo exploration
- 3:30 pm – Delegates gather in in the Main Stage to listen to a Keynote Presentation
- 3:45 pm – Delegates gather in an Interactive Session to listen to and hear the thoughts of the featured speakers.
- 5:00 pm – Interactive Roundtable ends – Networking and Expo remain open for further interaction until 5:30 pm.
- Watch and listen to the discussion
- Ask questions via the real-time, live text chat
- Be brought into the room for further debate and discussion at the discretion of the moderator
Our informal talks will focus on:
- How do banks maintain competitive advantage, while participating in the wider Open Source ecosystem?
- How do you balance regulatory compliance with Open Source?
- What frameworks are in practice to ensure that Open Source collaboration is legal and compliant?
- What technology can be used, for example containers, that encourage a safe and secure development environment?
Spaces are limited, so please register your interest now. We will confirm your attendance at the roundtable closer to the date.
FTT Virtual Focus – Making Distance Irrelevant one topic at a time.
Part of the FTT Virtual family of experiences – FTT Virtual Focus aims to gather an invited audience of FinTech leaders and financial services innovators who are interested in focused learnings and engaging in an interactive discussion around a shared interest.
Each FTT Virtual Focus will be run with an opening Main Stage keynote address followed by an interactive roundtable – with expert featured speakers – hosted by our Rockstar partners. Delegates will be given a chance to watch and listen to the roundtable discussion, take part in a real-time, online chat with the speakers and fellow attendees or insert themselves into the discussion at the discretion of the roundtable moderator.
Expo booths, where delegates can explore the FTT Virtual Focus hosts as well as a dedicated networking room will be open as part of the interactive roundtable. All FTT Virtual Focus events are run under The Chatham House Rule.